- Publié le
28 October 2022
- Zaventem HQ
- Temps plein
Roles & Responsibilities
In a world where stakeholders are consistently expected to provide more diverse digital experiences, data scientists are continuously challenged – to work is to grow. The KPMG Lighthouse is currently looking for talents in the field of data science, people who are able to exploit data to create smart digital solutions, but who are also able to inspire about the art of the possible. The tasks of a data scientist are diverse, and we are not looking for the unicorn data scientist, but a mindset focused on learning on the job is vital!
What is the job about?
- Stepping into conversations with clients, and translating their business needs into Artificial Intelligence solutions
- Gathering and organizing data
- Deciding on an analytical approach, and executing the analysis with a good eye for detail, all the while efficiently working towards the best possible solution
- Communicating with clients: absorbing their thoughts, convincing them of the strengths of your models
- Bringing your model into production – and communicating with specialist IT profiles
- Creating and maintaining good relationships with stakeholders – clients, vendors, KPMG colleagues,…
- Contributing to the growth of Advanced Analytics and Machine Learning as a topic and as a competence at KPMG
Skills & Qualifications
Elements we hope to see in our data scientists:
- A master degree with strong elements of modern data science techniques: Machine Learning algorithms, coding, statistics,… Other types of eduction are also valued.
- A sound knowledge of algorithms, and the ability to critically apply this knowledge to practical problems.
- Knowledge of common data science software. We have a Python-first setup, but will if needed tackle problems using R, SAS, SQL, Spark, and work with tools such as Jupyter Notebooks, IDE’s, Git, Microsoft Azure,…
- Obviously, additional bonus points for more specific knowledge on e.g. Keras, D3.js
- The desire to learn and grow
- A positive, collaborative, and flexible mindset
Do you consider a career at KPMG? Here’s what we have to offer for our talent:
- A corporate culture in which personal growth, mutual trust and lifelong learning are being fostered.
- An inclusive workspace that encourages diversity and pursues mutual respect for each other’s beliefs and background.
- Professional experiences in an international and dynamic working environment with inspiring colleagues.
- Flexible, hybrid work arrangements to enable working on different locations: home office, on-site or on the go.
- A wide range of teambuilding activities and social events that enable new joiners to meet colleagues within the wider KPMG community and have some fun along the way.