- Publié le
22 March 2022
- Temps plein
In response to the continuous regulatory and accounting changes in the financial services industry, we created a dedicated Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) group within EY, which is leading various accounting change / conversion engagements in top tier banks and insurance companies.
The matters we cover
We advise our clients on the practical implementation of new accounting and regulatory standards in the key sectors of Banking and Insurance (IFRS9, IFRS17, IFRS 16, Solvency II, FINREP, Basel IV…)
We support our clients navigate the evolving landscape of financial accounting and its impact on accounting and reporting processes, systems and controls.
Your key responsibilities
- You research technical issues and the production of briefing papers, and provide technical advice to ad-hoc queries from clients and internal staff
- You work together with our clients’ financial reporting teams to help them deliver financial information and improve reporting processes
- You keep up to date with matters related to IFRS and other accounting and regulatory developments
- You analyze accounting policies applied in financial statements to support due diligence teams
- You act as a team member, collaborate with your colleagues, and update more senior team members on progress
- You display maturity and the ability to function independently in our professional dealings.
Who are we looking for?
- A Master Degree in (Applied) Economics, Commercial Engineering, Finance, Accountancy or Commercial Sciences
- Ability to perform effective research and convey complex topics in a clear, comprehensible manner
- Fluency in Dutch and French, with proficient level of business English
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team spirit, balanced by a healthy sense of autonomy
- An analytical mind and an eye for detail
- A keen interest to learn more about the Financial Services market in Belgium and beyond.
What’s in it for you?
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service, without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to help you achieve a lifestyle balance.
At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
About EY Financial Services
EY is the only major professional services firm with a dedicated financial services practice (the Financial Services Organization, FSO) integrated in the EMEIA region. An international team of over 11000 professionals are working across borders for our clients in the financial sector: Banking, Insurance and Asset Management, in all service lines: Consulting, Tax, Strategy and Assurance.