- Publié le
18 mai 2022
- Temps plein
The Accounting & Controlling Officer’s primary focus will be providing accounting and administrative support to the finance department your second role will be finance controlling.
This is a full-time role, with our office based in Brussels.
Roles & Responsibilities
Bookkeeping & Regulatory:
• Journal entry of invoices and expense notes and make sure all accounting and documentation is accurate.
• Journal payroll related entries in close collaboration with EVPA’s HR Business Partner.
• Working closely with the Billing and Customer Care Officer for accounts receivables.
• Prepare bank deposits, and manage petty cash transactions.
• Monitoring incoming and outgoing cash flows
• Assist with monthly VAT declarations
• Assist with quarterly closings and actuals report ensuring compliance with accounting and tax laws.
• Assist with annual financial statements and reporting to the NB
• Assist with audit processes (statutory and project based).
• Maintain clients & suppliers database, ensuring that records are complete and up to date.
• Responding appropriately to suppliers, client, and internal requests.
• Streamlining accounting functions and operations.
• Participating in budgeting processes
• Support finance team in improving understanding and awareness of staff members with budget responsibilities
• Ensure procedures and financial policies are respected
• Prepare finance reports
• Analysing Financial data
• Assist the colleagues in the Finance Department
• In addition, you take care of EVPA’s PC inventory and be point of contact for all IT related queries. You will liaise with our IT supplier and work with HR Manager when onboarding or exiting colleagues.
Skills & Qualities :
• A degree in accounting.
• At least two years’ experience in accounting.
• Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals
• Experience in analytical accounting is an advantage
• Problem solver attitude Compliance oriented.
• Analytical mindset.
• You have strong ethical code.
• You have an eye for detail.
• Good communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
• Embraces change and finds opportunities for continuous improvements.
• You are motivated and positive.
• Proficiency in MS Excel, Exact and other accounting software.
• Very good knowledge of English and good knowledge of French or Dutch is required
What we offer
• A competitive salary package (13th-month salary, holiday pay, transportation and home office allowance, meal vouchers)
• Full-time position
• Flexible working hours and work from home policy
• Additional holidays
• Training and personal development budget
• Group health and pension insurance
• A friendly, open working environment
For more information, please visit our website, EVPA success stories and our LinkedIn profile. Interested in applying? Please send your resumé with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, so we strongly encourage early applications. Once your application has been sent, we thank you not to get in touch. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. If you do not hear from us two weeks after sending us your application, please presume your application has not been retained on this occasion. EVPA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and practise diversity in all its forms and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees.