Publié le 22 octobre 2019
If you’re keen to kickstart your international career, the Prince Albert Fund might be just the challenge you need. Essentially, it’s your chance to manage a one-year business project for a Belgian company outside Europe, giving you invaluable business and inter-cultural experience, as well as accelerating your international career as a member of a select network of the Fund’s alumni.
One year, One country, One project … and you!
The Prince Albert Fund is a leading non-profit organisation dedicated to helping young talented Belgian professionals acquire experience in conducting international projects.
In the last 34 years we have enabled hundreds of young Belgian professionals to develop skills and gain invaluable experience in international business by managing projects for more than 200 different Belgian companies.
► What is it?!
IN A NUTSHELL
- A 12-month business development assignment outside Europe for a Belgian company of your choice
- Tax-free compensation of €25,000 granted by the Prince Albert Fund (the company will pay for your housing, flights and mission related expenses).
We’re not offering you a traineeship. We’re enabling you to develop your own fully-fledged international project, so the application criteria are demanding. To be chosen for a Grant you must have two to three years’ professional experience, be 30 or younger, hold a Master’s degree in a relevant subject, be keen to take on new professional challenges, and be able to demonstrate your talent and motivation.
You don’t need a project to apply – the first thing we look at is the quality of your candidature as an individual. We do this at an interview stage, with a specially selected panel at the King Baudouin Foundation in Brussels.
► Who can apply?
We look for talented highly motivated young professionals who need to fulfill the following criteria to apply. The candidate who can apply:
- Is Belgian or is a EU citizen with a clear link with Belgium
- Holds a master’s degree and has a strong interest for working in a business environment
- Is fluent in English. Any additional language skills beyond the mother tongue is a plus
- Has at least 2 to 3 years of professional experience (“real” professional experience, we value that you scooped ice-cream in the summer but this does not count, internships need to be of minimum 3 months to count)
- Is 30 years old or younger (born on or after 1/1/1990)
- Is mature, motivated and eager to learn and to discover new cultures
- Is open-minded and has an entrepreneurial mindset
► How to apply?
Application is only possible online once a year during the application period, this year between November 14th 2019 and January 14th 2020. Open house session is organized on November 26th 2019 for candidates to meet the alumni at the Belvue Museum (Place des Palais, 1000 Brussels) at 7pm. Please register online at www.kbf-frb.be (limited seats available).
Find out more about what a Prince Albert assignment can look like through our alumni testimonials.