- Publié le
11 septembre 2023
- Temps plein
SECO was founded in 1934 and developed 2 main activities: the technical control (risk analysis) of construction projects in order to improve the quality and/or insurability of the projects on the one hand and the certification, inspection and technical approval of construction products on the other hand.
Our headquarters are located in Diegem, with small offices in Brussels, Ghent and Namur.
SECO keeps on growing and is searching for a Business Controller for its operations divisions working in liaison with finance department.
In line with the company’s general strategy, you will measure, monitor, improve, optimize and support the business processes (planning, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, analysis, pricing), to make the bridge with the finance department and to make recommendations to management.
- Provide business analysis
- Review, analyze and improve costs control (inclusive the real cost per step in the process) to achieve cost efficiency and value creation
- Prepare, analyze and distribute profitability analysis
- Develop and implement performance metrics (KPI’s, dashboards, methods, systems and decision-making models) and provide a monthly reporting for the directors (management reporting), identifying and analyzing the causes of any discrepancies between the actual situation and the budget, suggesting corrective measures and regularly updating the divisions end-of-year forecasts.
- Guiding the division budgeting process
- Prepare forecasts and long term (financial) plans
- Develop policies and procedures
- Review and establish internal controls
- Implement best practices
- Improve the invoicing process, and optimize internal cost allocation after invoicing
- Provide operational risk management support to the business and ensure proper business performance management through profitability and operational analyses
- Perform the CAPEX evaluation on projects
- Review offering on products pricing strategies with financial consequences
- Support operations with insights to make informed decisions towards achieving the company's objectives
Internal and external relationships / Hierarchical position:
- Reports to the operational management (solid-line) and CFO (dotted line)
- Contacts with line managers and all team members by extension
- Interface between operations and company Finance department
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Strong initiative taker, leadership, thinking and problem solving, financial analysis and communication skills
- Ability to work in a matrix organization while keeping a clear understanding of the objectives and financial commitments of the business
- Superior technical financial skills, balanced with sound business judgment, including the ability to balance financial and operational factors, analyze complex business problems and develop appropriate solutions
- Excellent command of MS Office365 applications, especially Excel and PowerBI
Education and Experience Requirements
- Master’s degree in finance/economics/management
- Trilingual French/Dutch/English
- You have at least 5 years of experience in business controlling or in equivalent function, preferably in a professional services organization.
- An exciting job with opportunities to evolve in an ever growing company;
- A changing environment where your contribution will make a difference;
- Competitive salary and fringe benefits package in line with your role and experience;
- Training opportunities during the whole career;
- Seco's new main office is situated in Diegem, easy accessible by car and by public transports with some facilities as outdoor fitness, petanque field,....
- Additional offices in Brussels, Ghent and Namur. Partially working from home is possible.
• Apply via our website
We are looking forward to meeting you !