- Publié le
13 octobre 2022
- Temps plein
- IF Belgium
IF Belgium, the Institute for Impact Finance in Belgium, is a membership association ‘in the making’, building on the success of Solifin, an established, visible and effective pioneer on impact investing. This transition from Solifin to IF Belgium, will allow to widen the scope towards all capital providers who genuinely strive for (measurable) impact for people and planet. Both foundations, impact investors and financial services firms with a clear footprint in
impact are welcomed. IF Belgium is now seeking a CEO to build on the achievements of Solifin
during the last three years and scale up to the next level of influence.
This is a truly unique opportunity to help shape a catalytic and outcomes-focused organisation at the ambition and dynamism to help transform capital markets for good and sit at the heart of the sustainability sector - leveraging the Institute’s extensive network.
The successful candidate must have credibility with financial and social sector decision-makers, and at senior levels of policymaking, as well as a balance of intellectual agility and humility in order to build relationships across communities and sectors. (S)he will need to understand the opportunities and challenges of impact financing, and, together with the team and Board, help deliver an ambitious vision for its future. Key to success will be the ability to operate in a highly collaborative way, working with funders, pro-bono supporters and numerous other external
Board of Directors (composed currently of Piet Colruyt, Loïc De Cannière, Steven Serneels, Céline Vaessen and to be extended) of IF BELGIUM through Chair.
The CEO will be a senior leader in the Belgian Impact Finance space, with a good understanding of the sector, a broad network, and the ability to develop a vision as the organisation evolves.
(S)he will be responsible for developing and executing the strategy to achieve IF Belgium’s mission. Together with the team, the CEO is also responsible for securing and deploying the necessary financial and human resources for IF Belgium to be(come) a sustainable, vibrant organisation. The CEO position is a full time position, based in Brussels.
● Lead, manage and coach the team in developing and executing the strategy and its activities, and growing the team in the next 2 to 3 years from a couple of employees and interns to a team of about 10 people.
● Deliver, together with the team, high quality research and knowledge development as well as highly valued institution-led and member-driven programs.
● Finetune IF Belgium as a membership organisation that can respond to an evolving and sophisticated market, while addressing the opportunities and challenges of the digital age (social media, data management, etc.).
● Grow quality membership and work towards a best-in-class net promotor score amongst IF Belgium members to help the Institute become an innovative, respected and valued organisation.
● Support and build synergies and relationships across the sector, ensuring IF Belgium strengthens the most relevant partnerships to be able to co-create an impact-driven Belgian eco-system (within a European context).
● Support the organisation in driving the Belgian policy debate and development in line with IF Belgium’s ambitions and member needs.
● Secure public and private funding to achieve IF Belgium’s mission (total annual budget of 0,5 Mio € in 2023, growing to 1 Mio € in 2025).
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE
● Expertise and experience in sustainability and finance with a robust understanding of impact investing and social innovation.
● Ability to engage effectively with a wide range of senior stakeholders across communities relevant to impact financing including institutional investors, impact investors and philanthropic investors as well as social purpose organisations, and regulators and policy makers.
● Ability to establish and nurture strategic relations with funders and proven track record of fundraising and business development.
● Proven track record in building and growing a small and effective organisation. Prior people management experience is a must have.
● Experience in co-designing and executing strategies and programs, together with the team and in dialogue with the Board.
● Strong communication skills and the ability to articulate and convey important messages in a compelling manner.
● Fluent in at least 2 of the following languages: Dutch, French and English.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE
● Exposure to institutional investors (such as mutual funds, pension funds or insurance companies).
● A well-developed network in the Belgian impact eco-system.
● Experience with eco-system building.
● Exposure to the international impact financing eco-system.
● Fluent in all 3 languages cited above.
He or she will:
● Be a self-starter, and a team player, co-creating initiatives with the team that move IF Belgium towards achieving its vision and strategy while seeking feedback from the board in an open and constructive manner.
● Lead the growth to a next level organisation.
● Be a co-creator, building an eco-system with key stakeholders.
● Be organised and effective, striving to achieve a lot with the resources available.
● Act as an influential and compelling ambassador externally, including serving on relevant panels, penning OpEds, etc.
● Communicate effectively.
● Instil trust and demonstrate commitment to the core ambition of IF Belgium which is to demonstrate that finance can be a true force for good.
Candidates should send in their CV and motivation letter to Steven Serneels (email@example.com) with Diane (firstname.lastname@example.org) in copy, latest by the 13th of November.
The selection committee will review all applications. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for further discussion.