- Publié le
21 février 2020
- Bruxelles (BE)
- Temps plein
Alterfin is a social investor that, since 1994, raises capital in Belgium to invest it in developing countries via Microfinance institutions and organisations involved in Smallholder Sustainable Agriculture.
Alterfin’s goal is to improve the livelihoods and living conditions of socially and economically disadvantaged people and communities, predominantly in rural areas in low- and middle-income countries around the world.
In order to achieve this goal, Alterfin provides financial and non-financial services to its partners by:
1. raising funds, mainly from individual investors and socially responsible institutions,
2. structuring and promoting ethical and sustainable investments,
3. networking with like-minded organisations.
In this way, Alterfin contributes to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
The Alterfin team consists of 23 permanent employees and 7 external consultants who work from different countries.
About the position
Along with 3 colleagues, you will be part of the Portfolio Analysis Unit, and report to the Head of Investments. The Portfolio Analysis Unit monitors and analyses the evolution of Alterfin’s investment portfolio in microfinance institutions and sustainable agriculture organisations, in order to inform Management decisions in terms of strategic development of this portfolio. You will be in charge of managing, validating and analysing portfolio data to produce operational reports and supporting the improvement of analysis and reporting tools. Thanks to the centrality of this position within the organisation, you’ll have the chance to gain a direct experience of the operations of a cooperative active in social investment.
• You update and monitor the investment planning in concertation with the Head of Investments and Investment Managers
• You prepare Alterfin portfolio reports on a regular basis (weekly, monthly, quarterly)
• You revise existing portfolio analysis tools and ensure their adequacy
• You organize, participate to Investment Committees and ensure their follow up
• You participate to Portfolio Analysis Unit meetings
• You have a degree in higher education in finance, economics, business management or other relevant field(s)
• You have strong excel skills (VBA is a plus but not imperative)
• You have an understanding of finance, microfinance, investment principles, etc.
• You have very good English speaking and writing skills (required)
• Good knowledge of French, Dutch and/or Spanish is an asset
• You enjoy working in a team
• You feel an affinity for Alterfin’s social mission
What can you expect?
• A full-time, 12-month contract, starting asap, in an international setting with friendly and committed colleagues
• An attractive reward package with many additional perks (meal vouchers, group insurance, hospitalisation insurance, expenses paid etc.)
• Extra days of leave in addition to the legal minimum
• The opportunity to work for a growing organisation with real social impact
• A sustainable and inspiring workplace at the Mundo-Madou offices, shared with other like-minded organisations in the heart of Brussels (easily accessible by public transport)
How to apply?
Send your application with a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Application Portfolio Analyst 2020’ in the subject line, before 20 March 2020. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for an oral interview during office hours.
We recruit based on skills and talents, irrespective of your formal qualifications, gender, sexual orientation, religion, origin or disability.