Publié le 15 October 2020
If you’re keen to kickstart your international career, the Prince Albert Fund might be just the challenge you need. Essentially, it’s your chance to manage a one-year business project for a Belgian company outside Europe, giving you invaluable business and inter-cultural experience, as well as accelerating your international career as a member of a select network of the Fund’s alumni.
One year, One country, One project … and you!
The Prince Albert Fund is a leading non-profit organisation dedicated to helping young talented Belgian professionals acquire experience in conducting international projects.
► What is it?!
IN A NUTSHELL
- A 12-month business development assignment outside Europe for a Belgian company of your choice
- Tax-free compensation of €25,000 granted by the Prince Albert Fund (the company will pay for your housing, flights and mission related expenses).
We’re not offering you a traineeship. We’re enabling you to develop your own fully-fledged international project, so the application criteria are demanding. To be chosen for a Grant you must have two to three years’ professional experience, be 30 or younger, hold a Master’s degree in a relevant subject, be keen to take on new professional challenges, and be able to demonstrate your talent and motivation.
You don’t need a project to apply – the first thing we look at is the quality of your candidature as an individual. We do this at an interview stage, with a specially selected panel at the King Baudouin Foundation in Brussels.
► Who can apply?
We look for talented highly motivated young professionals who need to fulfill the following criteria to apply. The candidate who can apply:
- Is Belgian or is a EU citizen with a clear link with Belgium
- Holds a master’s degree and has a strong interest for working in a business environment
- Is fluent in English. Any additional language skills beyond the mother tongue is a plus
- Has at least 2 to 3 years of professional experience (“real” professional experience, we value that you scooped ice-cream in the summer but this does not count, internships need to be of minimum 3 months to count)
- Is 30 years old or younger (born on or after 1/1/1990)
- Is mature, motivated and eager to learn and to discover new cultures
- Is open-minded and has an entrepreneurial mindset
► How to apply?
Application is only possible online once a year during the application period, this year between November 15th 2020 and January 11th 2021. A digital info session for candidates is organized on November 23rd 2020 at 6pm. Please register online at www.kbf-frb.be (as of October).
Find out more about what a Prince Albert assignment can look like through our alumni testimonials.