APPLICATION OF GENERAL CONDITIONS
These General Sales Conditions (hereinafter referred to as the GSC) govern the relationship between, on the one hand, the ICHEC ALUMNI non-profit organization, located at 365a Rue au Bois, 1150 Brussels, registered with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number BE 0408.972.091, (hereinafter ICHEC ALUMNI), and, on the other hand, its members, consumer clients, individuals or legal entities acting or not in the course of their professional activities (hereinafter Clients), wishing to make a purchase on-site, by telephone, by post or email, or on the website www.ichec-alumni.be (hereinafter the Site).
- The GSC apply, unless expressly and in writing stated otherwise, in cases of offers and sales contracts for products or services carried out within the activities of ICHEC ALUMNI. The GSC apply exclusively, regardless of the Client's general terms and conditions, unless expressly stipulated otherwise in writing by ICHEC ALUMNI. The Client expressly declares that any order or purchase implies their unconditional acceptance of the GSC. The fact that ICHEC ALUMNI does not invoke any provision of the Sales GSC at a given time shall not be interpreted as a waiver of the right to invoke such provisions at a later date.
- Students in Master 1 and 2, Recent Graduates, Alumni, and External Individuals
- The annual membership includes the following benefits:
- Preferential rates for participation in ICHEC Alumni events
- Access to the ICHEC Alumni database of ICHEC alumni who have agreed to be listed
- Access to offers provided by ICHEC ALUMNI partners
- The Client has the possibility to resign from the non-profit organization at any time. This decision will take effect 8 business days after the receipt of the resignation request. Resignation does not entitle the Client to a pro rata refund of the membership fee, as it remains the property of the non-profit organization.
- All events organized by ICHEC ALUMNI are open to everyone unless otherwise specified.
- Registration for an event is only effective upon receipt of the confirmation email and the collection of the participation fee for non-free events.
- Any cancellation of a paid registration within 48 hours prior to an event will not be eligible for a refund.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- Only an offer of a product or service presented by ICHEC ALUMNI in its print publications or posted on the Site binds ICHEC ALUMNI for the duration of the offer and under the specified conditions (particularly regarding stock availability). ICHEC ALUMNI's various offers apply only at the time of the customer's effective order. This order must be placed using the ordering channels provided by ICHEC ALUMNI. The prices of the offers are stated in euros, including VAT if applicable. If the VAT system or the applicable VAT rate is modified by the legislator, ICHEC ALUMNI will adjust its prices to reflect these new VAT provisions. Any delivery charges will be specified in the offer.
- ICHEC ALUMNI takes care to provide accurate descriptions of its offers, products, services, as well as their prices and other terms. If an unexpected incident or significant error occurs in these descriptions, the Client has the choice to either cancel the order or accept it under the corrected conditions.
- ICHEC ALUMNI reserves the right to modify the prices of its offers at any time, and the removal of a product or service cannot incur its liability.
- Any order, through any means (postal mail, website registration, email, telephone, etc.) sent by a Client to ICHEC ALUMNI constitutes an offer to enter into a contract by the Client, following the terms of the GSC. The contract is concluded upon confirmation of the order by the Client, either by payment or by returning the order form, letter, or email. The effective date of the contract retroactively corresponds to the date of signing the order confirmation.
- This date is the starting point for the withdrawal period when the Client responds to a distance contract offer electronically and meets the legal conditions for exercising this right.
- A Client can validly respond to an offer only if they have provided all the requested information to ICHEC ALUMNI. Each order validly placed by a Client constitutes their unconditional acceptance of the offer, the GSC (including the general conditions relating to privacy protection published on the Site), and any specific conditions.
- ICHEC ALUMNI verifies if the Client effectively meets the conditions mentioned in the offer. If this is not the case, the order may be canceled.
- Products and services are sold at the prices in effect at the time of the order as indicated in ICHEC ALUMNI's publications and on the Site, or in the specific conditions communicated in the offer.
- The prices are indicated in Euros (€).
- All prices include VAT and any taxes, duties, or other indirect contributions due under Belgian or foreign legislation, as well as any additional services that the Client must pay, such as any shipping fees.
RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL
- When a consumer Client responds to a distance contract offer electronically, they have the right to notify ICHEC ALUMNI that they withdraw from the purchase, without penalties and without providing a reason, within fourteen (14) calendar days. The period starts, for products, from the day following the delivery to the Client, and for services, from the day following the receipt of the order confirmation by email.
- The Client who withdraws from the purchase must notify ICHEC ALUMNI in writing, before the expiration of the 14-day period, and simultaneously return the delivered products in their original packaging and in good condition. The Client bears the direct costs incurred in returning the products.
- Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing by ICHEC ALUMNI, the delivery of ordered products is made by handing over the products at the location designated by the Client during their order.
- Deliveries are made based on available stock and in the order of receipt of orders. The maximum delivery time for products delivered by ICHEC ALUMNI is thirty (30) days from the receipt of payment from the Client. The products to be delivered are transported solely at the risk of the Client. ICHEC ALUMNI will be relieved of its obligation to deliver in case of force majeure.
- Depending on the region and circumstances, ICHEC ALUMNI is free to choose the means of distributing the products that it deems most appropriate and undertakes to make its best efforts to deliver the products within the indicated timeframes. Only the Client is responsible for receiving their order upon delivery. The Client must take all necessary measures to ensure optimal receipt of their order.
- The Client undertakes to verify the quality of the products delivered by ICHEC ALUMNI within the shortest possible time from their delivery. The Client must, upon receipt, open the packaging of the products for careful examination and verify that the delivered products correspond perfectly to the intended use by the buyer. Claims regarding visible defects must be made in writing within five (5) business days from the date of delivery, under penalty of forfeiture. Claims regarding visible defects must be addressed, to be validly accepted, to the address specified above. The warranty for visible or hidden defects is limited to either the refund of the product price paid by the Client or the replacement of the product to the extent of available stock. In all cases where the contractual liability of ICHEC ALUMNI is established for visible or hidden defects, its obligation to remedy the damage is limited to the price invoiced to the Client.
SUBCONTRACTING AND ASSIGNMENT
- ICHEC ALUMNI may subcontract all or part of the execution of the sale to a third party without the prior written consent of the Client.
- ICHEC ALUMNI may assign all or part of the sale to a third party without the prior written consent of the Client.
- Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing by ICHEC ALUMNI, invoices are payable in cash, without discount.
- Membership fees and products can be paid by direct debit, credit card, bank transfer, or online payment.
- ICHEC ALUMNI cannot be held responsible for any malfunctions, disruptions, interruptions, or errors in the payment system or process chosen by the Client or Subscriber, nor for any damages, direct or indirect, resulting from the execution of the Client's or Subscriber's payment. Any amount unpaid on its due date will automatically and without prior notice incur a late payment interest of 10% if the buyer is not acting for professional purposes and equal to the rate mentioned in Article 5 of the law of August 2, 2002, regarding the fight against late payment in commercial transactions. In the event of judicial collection of any invoice, the buyer will also be liable for reasonable collection costs, such as attorney's fees and internal management costs that exceed the amount of this lump sum indemnity.
- ICHEC ALUMNI retains ownership of the products sold until full payment in principal, interest, and costs.
PROTECTION OF PRIVACY
INVALIDITY OF A CLAUSE
- The invalidity or inapplicability of any clause in these general terms and conditions shall not affect the validity or applicability of the other clauses.
- If necessary, the disputed clause shall be replaced by a valid clause that is economically closest to the null or inapplicable clause.
- The fact that the seller does not enforce these general terms and conditions at a given time shall not be interpreted as a waiver of the right to enforce them at a later time.
- Any communication or notification between the parties shall be validly made by registered letter, fax, or email with acknowledgment of receipt. For the seller, it shall be sent to their registered office, and for the buyer, it shall be sent to their registered office or domicile.
- The occurrence of any event, including but not limited to, production, transportation, or delivery interruptions, strikes, lockouts, embargoes, wars, terrorist attacks or the consequences thereof, insufficiency of raw materials, epidemics, weather conditions, and generally, any similar events affecting the parties or their suppliers and delaying or rendering the performance of their respective obligations impossible, shall suspend the performance of their respective obligations.
- The party invoking such an event shall notify the other party as soon as possible, providing evidence of its occurrence. The performance of their obligations shall be suspended until the notification of the end of the event, and no party shall claim any compensation from the other party. The parties shall make every effort to reduce the difficulties and/or damages caused. If the force majeure event lasts for more than 60 days, the parties shall make every effort to renegotiate the subsequent performance of the sales contract. In the absence of an agreement, each party shall have the right to terminate the contract by notifying the other party.
APPLICABLE LAW - JURISDICTION
- The Terms and Conditions are subject to Belgian law.
- In the event of a dispute, in the absence of an amicable agreement, the courts of the judicial district of Brussels, sitting in the French language, shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
The Terms and Conditions were last updated on June 1, 2019.