Personal data protection policy regarding the registration data collected for "non-member Alumni" and "subscription member alumni" accounts
Data controller: ICHEC ALUMNI, with its registered office at 365a Rue au bois, 1150 Brussels, Belgium, and for which the Data Protection Officer (DPO) is Jacques Folon.
ICHEC ALUMNI ASBL undertakes to respect the privacy of people encountered within the context of its activities.
This Personal Data Protection Policy (hereinafter referred to as the Policy) sets out the way in which we manage the personal data collected from forms, website registration, telephone calls, emails and other communications with you. Your personal data is processed in compliance with all relevant legislation regarding personal data protection.
By accepting this Policy, by using the ICHEC ALUMNI ASBL services, by registering for an ICHEC ALUMNI ASBL event or by providing your personal data to ICHEC ALUMNI ASBL by any other means, you acknowledge and accept the terms of the Policy as well as the processing and transfer of personal data which shall be undertaken in accordance with the Policy.
The following Personal data is collected during our interactions:
- Last Name
- First Name
- Category (graduate - master's student)
- Invoicing data should you request a subscription invoice
- Postal address (to receive ICHEC news)
- Date of birth (for birthday correspondence)
- Professional status (company - role: to facilitate networking)
- Optional data
- Telephone number (to be used in the event that an email address becomes invalid)
- LinkedIn link
Your personal data is used as follows:
- Only if you so wish and specifically give your consent by ticking the appropriate box, to allow all subscribers to access all your data
- To respond to your requests and communicate with you and others within the context of our activities.
- To send you information concerning ICHEC ALUMNI events (including a newsletter from which it is always possible to unsubscribe)
- To provide support and assistance to you within the context of our services.
- To send you important information regarding changes to our products and services, terms and conditions and other information of an administrative, technical or marketing nature.
- To make decisions regarding the provision of services.
- To conduct surveys and market research, including satisfaction surveys.
- To supply you with marketing information (including information relating to our products or other products and services offered by selected third-party partners) according to your preferences.
- To facilitate active participation on your part in our activities, including forums, discussions, seminars, meetings and other events and to manage these activities. Some of these activities are subject to additional terms and conditions which may contain additional information relating to the manner in which we use and disclose your personal data. It is therefore recommended that you read such information carefully.
- To resolve grievances
- To manage requests to access or correct data, etc.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those against money laundering and the financing of terrorism, to comply with legal proceedings and to respond to requests by public governmental authorities (including those outside your country of residence).
The legal bases for processing are as follows:
- The consent of the data subject concerned who is, at any time, entitled to withdraw his/her consent (without this compromising the legality of processing based on consent given before this withdrawal);
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract or for the performance of pre-contractual measures
If we are required to process data of a personal nature for purposes other than those set out in this article, we will provide information on this new purpose as well as any other information necessary before starting the new processing.
We do not use decision-making techniques based on automated processing having legal effects on or significantly affecting the data subject concerned.
ICHEC ALUMNI ASBL may make personal data available to the following people and entities:
- Suppliers of external third-party services such as experts, IT service providers, support services, hosting services, printing service providers and other third-party vendors of a similar nature and sub-contracted service providers that work with us in the performance of our activities.
- Governmental authorities and third parties involved in a legal action or to comply with a legal obligation, and notably within the framework of grants and audits (Forem, Qfor, PMEKMO, Région Bruxelloise, etc.)
- The ASBL Haute Ecole ICHEC- IFSC-ISC Saint Louis and ICHEC ASBL.
- Other third parties with whom we may share personal data within the context of current or proposed reorganisations, mergers, sales, joint ventures, transfers, portfolio transfers or other transactions relating in full or in part to our activities.
ICHEC ALUMNI ASBL does not transfer data outside the European Union.
ICHEC ALUMNI ASBL takes the appropriate technical and organisational measures in compliance with applicable Laws regarding privacy and personal data protection. If you have any reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you have the impression that Personal Data security that should be accorded may have been compromised), we would be grateful if you would inform us of this immediately.
When ICHEC ALUMNI ASBL supplies Personal Data to a service provider, the service provider will be carefully selected and shall employ appropriate measures to guarantee the confidentiality and security of the Personal Data.
ICHEC ALUMNI ASBL takes reasonable measures to ensure that the Personal Data processed is reliable for the intended use, as well as accurate and complete in order to successfully fulfil the purposes set out in this Policy.
The data of the data subjects concerned is stored, for subscribers, for a period of 10 years after payment of the last subscription.
For non-subscription members and subscription members 10 years after the last subscription payment, taking into account the specificity of alumni data and therefore the need to retain minimal data, only the first name, last name, year of graduation and diploma will be stored 10 years after the last contact with the data subject concerned.
If you provide personal data to ICHEC ALUMNI ASBL regarding other individuals, you consent to: (a) inform the individual of the content of this Personal Data Protection Policy, and (b) obtain the legally required consent for the collection, use, disclosure and transfer (including cross-border transfer) of Personal Data relating to the individual in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
You have the right to access, rectify, object to the use of, or request erasure, restriction or the portability of Personal Data on certain grounds. Please email us at email@example.com with proof of your identity by means of a copy of both sides of your identity card, with all your requests or in the case you have any questions or concerns regarding the way in which we process personal data. Please note that some personal data may be exempted from the rights to access, rectification, erasure, restriction, objection or portability in accordance with the GDPR or Belgian Laws regarding Belgian privacy protection.
We review the rules contained in this Policy on a regular basis and reserve the right to make changes at any time in order to account for any changes in our activities and legal requirements. We will inform you of any such changes.
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we process your Personal Data and if you feel that contacting us will not resolve the issue, the applicable laws regarding privacy afford you the right to file a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.