- Publié le
16 juin 2020
- Sint-Stevens-Woluwe (Brussels Area)
- Temps plein
- Space Applications Services
Space Applications Services is a company based in the Brussels area (BE) that provides products and services for the space sector in many areas from Avionics, Robotics, Human Spaceflight, Science and Earth Observation.
The successful candidate will be based in our main office at Sint-Stevens-Woluwe (Brussels Area).
The position is in the Administration Department (comprises of 10 persons).
The candidate will mainly report to the Administration Department Manager.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Preparing monthly, quarterly & per definite period project budget & expense financial reports
• Entering project data in the supporting tool, in coordination with Project Managers and/or the Administration Department Manager (e.g. duration and extension of work packages, milestone payment plans, effect on resource allocations, determining the consequences of schedule and budget changes)
• Ensuring in a timely and complete manner that all inputs needed for financial project reports are clear and available upon request
• Copying our internal project report data to external systems such as the official European Commission electronic reporting portal
• Identifying & analysing in a timely manner issues for resolution and recommending changes to the relevant Managers
• Highlighting any deviations from predictions to planned vs actual expenditure of any nature to the relevant Managers
• Suggesting improvements to the project report tool and interact directly with its Developer
• Applying smooth & consistent project administration by organising and structuring whole project information on the file server and in hard copy
• Determining project work in progress together with the Administration Department Manager
• Updating the company labour and overhead rates per annum in the existing spreadsheets
• Supporting European Space Agency and European Commission audit preparations and company cash flow prediction.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor or Master Degree in accounting, economics, or relevant field
• At least 2 years of experience in a similar position
• Strong understanding of accounting & project control
• Proven experience with official documents preparation, as well as MS Office.
The successful candidate will have the following skills
• A proactive approach, with initiative and ability to work independently
• Used to working in a well structured manner
• Ability to:
• Synthesise, summarise and draw conclusions
• Adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
• Work in distributed international teams
• Strength to cope with schedules and deadlines
• Excellent administrative, organisational and communication skills
• Excellent written and spoken English.
What Do We Offer?
• Working in a growing company with Staff located in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands
• A professional, pleasant atmosphere with motivated and passionate staff, where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged
• An interesting remuneration package
• A full time position with an indefinite contract of employment.
How To Apply?
Please send your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English) to email@example.com, to the attention of Ms. Laura Der-Boghossian.
The candidate shall be eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card for two or more years.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.