- Publié le
27 avril 2021
- Brussels Area
- Temps plein
- Space Applications Services
Space Applications Services is a company at the forefront of space technology development and the provision of services for human spaceflight, exploration, and earth observation missions. Headquartered in Belgium (Brussels Area), with a research office in the Netherlands and a subsidiary in the USA, the company provides solutions for both commercial and institutional customers. We work with clients such as the European Space Agency, the European Commission, governmental and national space agencies as well as the major space industries.
The company develops payloads, avionics, robotics technology and products, and provides complete mission operations control centre solutions to EN9100 standards. The company also provides engineering, science and training services, including astronaut training. In our headquarters, we have a control centre room that operates commercial payloads on the International Space Station, and a laboratory comprising a cleanroom.
The successful candidate will be based in our main office at Sint-Stevens-Woluwe (Brussels Area).
The position is in the Administration Department (comprises 8 persons).
The candidate will mainly report to the Administration Department Manager and interact with Project Managers.
The successful candidate will perform administrative and budgetary project control.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Preparing monthly, quarterly & per definite period project budget & expense financial reports
- Entering project data in the supporting tool, in coordination with Project Managers and/or the Administration Department Manager (e.g. duration and extension of work packages, milestone payment plans, the effect on resource allocations, determining the consequences of schedule and budget changes, predictions)
- Ensuring in a timely and complete manner that all inputs needed for financial project reports are clear and available upon request
- Copying our internal project report data to external systems such as the official European Commission electronic reporting portal
- Identifying & analysing in a timely manner issues for resolution and recommending changes to the relevant Managers
- Highlighting any deviations from predictions to planned vs actual expenditure of any nature to the relevant Managers
- Suggesting improvements to the project report tool and interacting directly with its Developer
- Applying smooth & consistent project administration by organising and structuring whole project information on the file server and in hard copy in preparation of future audits
- Supporting the European Space Agency and European Commission audits
- Determining project work in progress together with the Administration Department Manager
- Updating the company labour and overhead rates per annum in the existing spreadsheets
- Updating the company cash flow prediction.
Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor or Master Degree in accounting, economics, business administration, or relevant field
- A relevant experience as a Project Controller/Administrator
- Strong understanding of accounting & project control
- Experience with applying procurement/contractual documentation, meeting schedules and deadlines
- Proven experience with MS Office, especially Excel
- Solid administrative, organisational, time-management and communication skills
- Dynamic with a problem solving-approach and an eye for detail
- Ability to work independently, with precision and in distributed international teams
- Very good written and spoken English.
What Do We Offer
- Working within a growing company with Staff located in Belgium, Germany, and the Netherlands
- A professional working environment with motivated Engineers and Scientists coming from all different horizons and countries with a common passion for space
- A full-time position with an indefinite contract of employment
- A competitive remuneration package and good working conditions
- An individualised training and development programmes.
How To Apply
Apply by sending your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English) via our website (www.spaceapplications.com), to the attention of Ms. Laura Der-Boghossian.
Applications received through the “Careers” page of our website are reviewed in priority.
The candidate shall be eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card for two or more years.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.